- 3 racks baby back ribs
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons St. Lucifer Habanero Table Spice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
The Basting Solution:
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup your favorite Louisiana hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- In a mixing bowl, combine rub ingredients until completely blended.
- Remove the back membrane from the ribs, using a dry cloth or paper town to grip and rip off.
- Coat the ribs in yellow mustard and add the rub generously to all sides.
- Wrap the ribs separately in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place on rib rack in smoker on 225F for 3-5 hours.
- For oven baking, place ribs on top of one another, on a large sheet pan at 225 degrees for 3-5 hours. Rotate the ribs every 1.5 hours.
- For the basting solution, combine all liquids into a spray bottle and shake until completely blended.
- Baste the rubs throughout the cooking process. For the smoker, you can start basting 2 hours after you put the ribs on for added spice, add more St. Lucifer Habanero Table Spice to finish.
- Ribs are ready with the bone and the meat are separate easy.