- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- (1) 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (save some for garnish)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chilies, seeded, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon St. Lucifer Jalapeno Table Spice
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cumin, and coriander and cook for 30 seconds more. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the onion mixture, beans, cilantro, lime juice, chipotle, pinch of salt, pepper, St. Lucifer Jalapeno Table Spice, the remaining olive oil, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with more chopped cilantro and St. Lucifer Jalapeno Table Spice
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and enjoy